Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

  • Steve Frank
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2011
      I went to the local ice cream parlor yesterday for a chocolate hot fudge sundae with wet walnuts and whipped cream. I hadn't seen the place so packed since the heat of summer. I guess a lot of people didn't make it far on their diets. I myself swore off my 2 1/2 pack a day addiction to nicotine and made it until 1215AM. Figure about $6,750 per year after taxes, and another $10-15,000 per year I could have saved not drinking or eating out. After tax money, thats a lot of nice coins I cold be buying, but so long as we have sellers with listings like this......

      I'll do just fine. This person sells in a group all having the same name coinsantiques with a number appended. I didn't ask, but I assume its a consignment outfit possibly run by one person who brought these other people in, maybe selling them a kit to sell on ebay for a % of future profits. I asked him for a better photo and he said he didn't have one, and he would have tech services take a look at his scanner. I took about 2 hours to sort these out and stich them with proper orientation and even after trying my best to work with the contrast levels, I could only tell there were 2 connecticuts and a Spence token, but was uncertain of the grades. There were several contemporary counterfeits, a couple of neat brass French pieces, one offset which was not uncommon. The 2 Connecticuts are an R5+ and R5, the Spence token is over a nice counterfeit 1773 Boyish George family halfpenny, and is a discovery piece as an unknown combiniation of words with "Spence's Plan" on the obv and "You Rogue's"
      "Read"
      "Spence's Plan"
      on the reverse. Also a nice surprise because I didn't see it is an exceptional high quality Canadian Blacksmith copper, Wood 12. It was a beautiful way to begin the New Year, and if this guy is taking consignments, he should be shot for doing this to the sellers. Just the 2 Ct's, Spence token, and Blacksmith piece could easily fetch $1,000.

      If anyone here has any coins and doesn't want to be bothered with photographing and listing, you can write his name down.<BG>.....oh....and he will also help you sell your valuable antiques when the time comes to liquidate.

                     Steve (hoping the year continues with a couple of these per week)