nebraska quarter word "chimney rock" quadrupled !

  • ck
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      I was pointed here in the direction of ALCOINS.
      thankyou al.

      I posted the coin on a few forums. One response was from chuck at copper coins. I asked if it was some kind of a die error or what was wrong with the coin.
      Chuck felt it shows die trails did not suspect doubling, but could not rule out doubling without closer examination of the coin.

      something cuased 4 images to appear on this coin , but not the entire coin
      hub vibrating/moving , coin vibrating/moving , hub die image error?striking error? human error making the hub die?

      [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/mk96dx.jpg%5b/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/oazw9k.jpg%5b/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/30d9g91.jpg%5b/IMG]

      what would be the exact name for this kind of error ?
      what cuased cuased it ?
      worth having in confirmed by a tpg ?
      being i have the only one discovered might there be a market for people who like to collect things like this ?

      thankyou for your time