Re: SUPER SHIFTED CAP STRIKE

  • bgsherris
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010
      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc" <numismistake@...> wrote:

      > But in my humble opinion, it was worth the $150 I bid on it; probably much more. The double strike characteristics are, as you say, very eye appealing.
      >
      > I don't know how to judge complex brockage prices in some instances. Rich sold a great double brockage today that was out of my price range with 2 hours still to go. It then sold for more than twice what the shifted cap sold for. It was a chain strike of 2 cent brockages, with one cent being off center:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/2etsco8
      >
      > What was not mentioned and could be the reason it went for $330 was the fact that you have an obv. and a rev. brockage on the same face.

      I was the high-bidder on this auction...and I only noticed the obv/rev nature of the two brockages with less than five minutes to go in the auction (which is amazing, since I was watching this auction for days, and couldn't figure out "what was wrong with this picture.")

      Rather surprised that Rich did not mention this in the auction text, since his descriptions are usually so right on.