Unsympathetic with this one

  • jylitalo
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 18, 2010
      I find it near impossible to drum up any sympathy for the winning bidder of this auction.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-double-die-RARE-lincoln-head-cent-/320600791022?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa54bd7ee

      Perhaps it was a joke.
    • innff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 18, 2010
        Just a person with too much money taking an unwarranted, foolish gamble.

        In a message dated 10/18/2010 9:44:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jylitalo@... writes:

        I find it near impossible to drum up any sympathy for the winning bidder of this auction.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-double-die-RARE-lincoln-head-cent-/320600791022?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa54bd7ee

        Perhaps it was a joke.

      • chrisptaters
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 18, 2010
          There were 5 different bidders on this auction. I would have to grade this coin  EB+ (Extremely Blury Plus).
          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "jylitalo" <jylitalo@...> wrote:

          > I find it near impossible to drum up any sympathy for the winning bidder of this auction.
          >
          > http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-double-die-RARE-lincoln-head-cent-/320600791022?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa54bd7ee
          >
          > Perhaps it was a joke.

        • Michael Evanchik
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 19, 2010
            i dont think it was that bad of a gamble really.if it turns out to be genuine,even in EF its a great price,and the ad states theres a return policy minus shipping,which was free.so nothing lost if its garbage.the ad states its a 1955 double die,so if it isnt,it can be easily returned on the fact it was not as stated.nothing lost,no?

            There were 5 different bidders on this auction. I would have to grade this coin  EB+ (Extremely Blury Plus).
            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "jylitalo" <jylitalo@...> wrote:

            > I find it near impossible to drum up any sympathy for the winning bidder of this auction.
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-double-die-RARE-lincoln-head-cent-/320600791022?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa54bd7ee
            >
            > Perhaps it was a joke.

          • jylitalo
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 19, 2010
              No.

              I guess the question to help you....would be this "would you have had faith to bid on this auction"?

              If so, then then there you have it. That is what seperates you or us from the multitudes like it or not.

              Jeff

              --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

              > i dont think it was that bad of a gamble really.if it turns out to be genuine,even in EF its a great price,and the ad states theres a return policy minus shipping,which was free.so nothing lost if its garbage.the ad states its a 1955 double die,so if it isnt,it can be easily returned on the fact it was not as stated.nothing lost,no?

            • Lee Lydston
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 19, 2010

                Hmmm. I always thought this forum was above the eBay whine threads.

                Guess I was wrong.

                href="http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-double-die-RARE-lincoln-head-cent-/320600791022?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa54bd7ee">http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-double-die-RARE-lincoln-head-cent-/320600791022?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4aa54bd7ee

                > > Perhaps it was a joke.

              • Michael Evanchik
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 19, 2010
                  i suppose youre right,i would never buy that listed as such.i may inquire if the seller had better photos.he may have and maybe they were legit,and maybe someone did get a steal.but i suppose in reality,if i actually saved up for a '55 DD,i cerainly would of took one look at that picture and just move along.