Re: JUST BACK FROM THE PHILLY CONVENTION CENTER WHITMAN EXPO - DAY 1

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      Those are some neat errors. I especially like the bonded quartet of cents.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc" <numismistake@...> wrote:

      > Typo. That sign should read "US MINT'S GREATEST ERRORS".

    • Rob Risi
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
        were any of those errors for sale....i too really liked that bonded set of 4 cents....i own a trio of bonded cents as well as dimes....and a 2 piece set of dimes.

        ~ROB RISI~

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
          Rob, I made a temporary album for all to enjoy called 'PHILLY (NICHOLAS BROWN) COIN DISPLAY' in PHOTOS. There are 31 photos about in display order, and I was given permission by Mr. Brown (whom I had never met before) to photo and display them in this forum. Mike, please delete the album in a month or two anyway, kindly. Mr. Brown's contact info is on his card (twice, before and after) in the album. I named each photo Majestic Rarities because the default was my img. # or nothing.

          This is the 2nd year in a row at this new show that I've come away with photos to share with the group and again I had my wrong camera with me. But anything is better than nothing, ALWAYS. Even out of focus and lousy shots are better than none at all.

          Gertting back to the show. As far as my experience there, in a nutshell, I came away with a few coins (errors and collector types), one a VERY nice multi-error I can't figure out and to be shared later. I had a great time seeing other collectors/friends I knew, even those I don't buy from. It was a pleasure meeting and talking to Mr. Nicholas Brown, who was at the very least totally cordial and friendly to me. I didn't ask if anything was for sale, but feel free to contact him and mention me and our Thursday meeting if you'd like.

          I made the travel plans online in August the day I learned I wouldn't be in Boston (ANA) as previously planned, and it turned out to be a great way to spend an otherwise very rainy and windy day along the Eastern corridor. I wish there had been more errors within my reac there. Lot's of exotic stuff. Lots of o/c's, clips, lams, minor errors too.
        • Marc
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
            BTW, I mentioned to Nicholas that the '99 double struck nickel marked 5g appeared to be larger than that, and he told me 'that's the way I bought it'.
            Looks like (10g) 2 bonded planchets to me (or more?).