Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Post-strike damage in PCGS slab on eBay...

  • innff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2010
      While I agree with you 100%, I am afraid that is just to many words for PCGS to string together on a label, or so they would say.

      In a message dated 9/3/2010 10:42:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, numismistake@... writes:

      It is my belief that by allowing any coin to be slabbed just as 'GENUINE', PCGS is indirectly perpetuating a fraud. Some unwary collectors read 'error' or 'special' into the slabbing connotation. The decision to slab this as 'GENUINE' is, in my opinion, disingenuous, and a disservice to the hobby. Perhaps instead, a designation of 'GENUINE, POST STRIKE DAMAGED" might have been more accurate and informative.