Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] In This Morning's AOL News..an FYI...and a sad one at that...

  • Lee Lydston
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2010

      Send a cleaned up version of this reply to Coin World. You’d have a better chance of Moy or one of his minions seeing it there than here.

      BTW, I am in total agreement with your reply.

    • Marc
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2010
        You would think that we'd learn a lesson in 1979 (SBA), again in 1999, or just look North at Canada's success with the Looney and the Two-ney. "Nuff said, Norm..."
      • jeff ylitalo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2010
          Aside from the politics and economic differences in which the media and politics play, there can be no doubt of just a few things (many could add to list I am certain).......

          For the error and variety collector it has been a welcome change.

          1) edge varieties on dollar coins

          2) major errors on dollar coins

          3) doubled die's on the 1c, 5c, and 25c coins

          4) all other's I cannot even begin to list

          Lets go back to the State-Hood Quarters; an incredible interest in coin collecting for two, perhaps three more generations into the future has been established.

          Indeed, I agree, screw the politicians when it comes to policies and procedures, but lets instead look at what choices political or otherwise has been responsible for renewed intrest into our hobby and lets instead embrace that.

          They can all kiss my butt (politicians) and they will never be the wiser considering the trickle down of their unconstrained left and right limits of what is good for the public as far as coin and currency. Let em' back bite, quibble and snivel amongst themselves......as long as we get more varitey and creativity for our coinage and currency I am in full support of their wasted energies in their own self-centered circle of importance.

          Jeff