1982 washington quarter

  • mytidawg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2010
      Hi all

      A lady dropped this quarter off today at our store....I would like to buy from her however she wants to know what happened and the value.....

      it weighs 2.9 grams

      is thinner than a regular quarter

      has reeded edge

      to me it looks like it was struck on a penny planchet however the weird silver discoloration has me baffled

      any info is appreciated .....also what is a fair price to pay for such...I know I know I can just tell her to put on eBay but may be a ballpark figure would help $

      pics are here

      www.falconecoins.com/wash1

      www.falconecoins.com/wash2

      www.falconecoins.com/wash3

      VF
    • TheOcean1@aol.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2010
          Your page name for the pics - "wash" is quite appropriate as this is
          whats commonly referred to as an 'Acid Wash'

          Norm Higgs
          http://forbiddenpc.com
          http://forbiddenpc.blogspot.com
          http://www.power-blog.com/info/4365