FAKED STRUCK FRAGMENT?

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 8:02 PM
      This purported struck fragment appears to have no metal flow to justify its authenticity.

      When in a science museum in Boston with my kids years ago, during a show, several objects (a ball, a coin, a fruit) were dipped in liquid nitrogen and then slammed onto a hard surface. The coin fractured and looked something like this.

      http://tinyurl.com/2uqhmd4

      In any event, the lack of metal flow beyong the 'cracked planchet' tells me that it is faked. Am I correct?