Re: ANother person who bends the rules

  • bigdcoins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2010
      Not so sure about photo shop. Back in 2004 this guy was selling some fake state quarter double dies. He got caught and started listing them as altered, then they fizzled out but over the years he has been slipping some back into his auctions. Those were triple hubbed die electrotypes. How?????Make a die using electroplating method off the real coin, then use a gravity hammer and portable planchet holder to re-stamp the image onto the coin, twisting it a bit so the image is off. Does this method sound familiar,,Mike or Fred? Its been around since the 1800's. My question,,,,can this method still be used to only double certain detail/device of a coin IE> the date 2006, that is in question at this guys auction?????

      Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/t19035-2/#post171106#ixzz0u4qo5y5n