Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Errors From Major Double Dies

  • Michael Evanchik
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 7, 2010
      i havent ever seen any,but im sure theres some out there specially on the 1995 which were produced "en masse".brings up another question ive been wondering about.anyone have any major cuds(just not tiny ones) on an off center coin?

      From: coolwhs <jjsmithdds@sbcgloba l.net>
      To: errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 2:18 PM

      Are there any major errors known from 1955/72/95 Double Dies? I've only seen a partially rolled thin 1955, are there any off-center, double struck, etc. errors known? I've never heard of any, but I thought I'd ask.

    • Steve Frank
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 7, 2010
        I misread<s>...sorry...now I get it.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 7, 2010
          There are a number of off-center strikes with large cuds. One can be seen in the "cuds" album.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 7, 2010
            any for sale? lol

            There are a number of off-center strikes with large cuds. One can be seen in the "cuds" album.

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

            brings up another question ive been wondering about.anyone have any major cuds(just not tiny ones) on an off center coin?

          • Mike Marshall
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2010
            Here is a muptiple struck brockage, with a cud in the centre of an off centre strike....LOL  Is this what you mean?  The next image is the coin before the multiple strike, the cud has not happened as of yet.but please not how the "wrinkle" of the cap becomes sharper....p.s.  these coins come from my set, and yes, I have the cap.   I have many (15) coins which are directly involved with the cap.  The set is currently at CCCS for Hard Slabbing.  But I like it!  Regards  Mike Marshall

            Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9, 2010
            • 1 Attachment
            • 490 KB
            Here is a poor image of the cap.....hope you can see the corilation.....Regards  Mike

            Here is a muptiple struck brockage, with a cud in the centre of an off centre strike....LOL  Is this what you mean?  The next image is the coin before the multiple strike, the cud has not happened as of yet.but please not how the "wrinkle" of the cap becomes sharper....p. s.  these coins come from my set, and yes, I have the cap.   I have many (15) coins which are directly involved with the cap.  The set is currently at CCCS for Hard Slabbing.  But I like it!  Regards  Mike Marshall

            There are a number of off-center strikes with large cuds. One can be seen in the "cuds" album.

            --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

            brings up another question ive been wondering about.anyone have any major cuds(just not tiny ones) on an off center coin?

          • bigdcoins
            Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9, 2010
              I believe he is talking about a simple cud (major die break, involveing the rim) with another error on the same coin. Look at the last photo of the default album. This is a pix of a 2000 Millenium coin/token with a cud / off center progression. Top picture is just a cud and bottom pic is same cud and off ctr. I sold these on ebay this winter but I believe Ken potter did have some of these.

              Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9, 2010
                no,not what i meant,but cool pictures.i simply meant a regular ole cud,on an off center coin.mike e.

                Message 9 of 11 , Jul 9, 2010
                  correct,and i am interested in buying if possible,but really only on lincoln memorial cents.anyone,,,anyone? bueller,,,bueller...