Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Ike dollar off-metal planchet

  • Steve Frank
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 283 KB
    Actually, I have an error book published by the ANS for one of the COAC's...the one on circulating counterfeits of the americas.....in pristine condition with the cover put on upside down...Don't know how many of these got past the publishers before they caught it, but I have one in new condition.<s>

    From: jylitalo <jylitalo@yahoo. com>
    To: errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com
    Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 4:31 PM

    Just about anything resembling an error is fair game for discussion here on ECIE.

    There is much experience and knowledge available and it has saved me wads of cash on more than one occasion.

    Worth looking into as well is the use of the search function and exploring archived messages which contains some great and useful information.

    --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, taxi_steve929@ ... wrote:

    > Still plenty out there. Not like 10 years back, but if you put the time in you can find them. In past 6 weeks I was lucky enough to pay 107 for a coin I sold for 735 and 100 for one I sold privately for $4,800. Lotta hours, but I need some way to pay for my counterfeit Escudo's which rarely go for a great buyers price. Do members here have highly specialized area within the specialty area of errors? Or does anyone concentrate on a specific error type while maybe just keeping a type collection of other errors? I guess that just like any other area there are many ways people collect these.
    > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

  • Steve Frank
    Message 2 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
      I don't know where you live, but if you can ever get to Gettysburg, you can visit his house there. Still decorated as it was in the 50's early 60's, and you can grab up all kinds of modern stuff there...or if you know anyone going. You can get campaign buttons cheap...I have a couple hundred I picked up in the 70's...and continued until now. I don't really seek them out...just something I see and buy if cheap enough. There are modern copies, but they are pretty easy to spot once you've seen genuine. The I LIKE IKE is pretty interesting. I had a friend who was a painter, and he was painting the interior of The Propietary House in Perth Amboy NJ....the last surviving Colonial Governors Mansion, where William Franklin, Ben's son was taken from during the Revolution. It was behind a radiator....obviously the radiator doesn't date to the revolution, but it's neat to have the button knowing it was there most likely since the 50's. I didn't pay anything for it. He just came home covered in paint, and while we were having a couple beers, gave it to me.

      From: Lee Lydston <lee.lydston@ suddenlink. net>
      To: errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 11:21 AM

      I remember this transaction from the CU boards.

      From: Mike Diamond <mdia1@...>
      To: errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 10:23 AM

      It sold at the Buy-It-Now price of $300. It was buried in a group of low-budget errors and wasn't even one of the prominently featured coins.

      I wouldn't think it would be worth more than $5000, but I'm not a dealer.

      --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

      > well,you cant lay something like that out and not tell us how much you coulda had it for,,,so,,, how much???

      well worth way more than $5k.....of just 50% o/c its a solid $3500 coin +
      off metal $2500+....o/ c like that on a qtr planchet or tawain, $10K ++

    • Steve Frank
      Message 3 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
        Forgot the scan...just cropped off of a collage of a bunch of buttons, or pinbacks or whatever these are called.

        I don't know where you live, but if you can ever get to Gettysburg, you can visit his house there. Still decorated as it was in the 50's early 60's, and you can grab up all kinds of modern stuff there...or if you know anyone going. You can get campaign buttons cheap...I have a couple hundred I picked up in the 70's...and continued until now. I don't really seek them out...just something I see and buy if cheap enough. There are modern copies, but they are pretty easy to spot once you've seen genuine. The I LIKE IKE is pretty interesting. I had a friend who was a painter, and he was painting the interior of The Propietary House in Perth Amboy NJ....the last surviving Colonial Governors Mansion, where William Franklin, Ben's son was taken from during the Revolution. It was behind a radiator.... obviously the radiator doesn't date to the revolution, but it's neat to have the button knowing it was there most likely since the 50's. I didn't pay anything for it. He just came home covered in paint, and while we were having a couple beers, gave it to me.

        I remember this transaction from the CU boards.

        ~ROB RISI~

        It sold at the Buy-It-Now price of $300. It was buried in a group of low-budget errors and wasn't even one of the prominently featured coins.

        I wouldn't think it would be worth more than $5000, but I'm not a dealer.

        --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

        > well,you cant lay something like that out and not tell us how much you coulda had it for,,,so,,, how much???

      • Michael Evanchik
        Message 4 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
          lol,youre funny,but i was serious too about the bbcards.also i live in north jersey,sounds like youre from around too.where from.if you wanna chat,ivan0000013@...,is my email.later,mike e.