Dont know... part II

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      The second is again a Struck thru capped die nickel I think. I'm
      looking for this error a couple of months at Ebay.
      I put this one because there is an area where there is no ghost image
      near the rim (above jefferson). What about that zone??
      Is it authentic?? Everytime I see a struck trhu capped die I think in
      acid.

      I FORGOT the link

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&category=524&item=804374465&rd=1
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        This is a genuine capped die strike. I can see a strong ghost of
        Jefferson, although the peripheral design elements are not all coming
        through clearly. That's entirely normal. The amount of the obverse
        design that bleeds through the bottom of the cap depends on the
        thickness of the cap.

        This is a typical example of this error type.