Is the Golden Dollar coated?

  • portpere
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2010
      Hi all,

      Please take a look at 2010 Native American dollars I have posted in the Default Album. The dull and dirty looking one also has a very shiny copper edge. Is there some kind of coating applied to the golden dollar blanks? The coin in question is about 0.1g light, measuring 8.0g. Might this coin have not rcvd the coating? It's a single weird coin found in a bank roll surrounded by normal looking dollars.

      John