Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Uniface 1915-D Lincoln cent

  • Norm Higgs
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 9, 2010
      Actually, that is a common misconception. Glass is considered an
      "Amorphous Solid" meaning it has no rigid crystalline structure like
      normal solids. Because it has no crystalline structure its molecules are
      essentially 'free' to move, though they do so *very* slowly. It
      generally takes hundreds of years to see the noticeable effect you
      describe. Almost any liquid can be frozen into an amorphous state using
      specialized cooling techniques.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphous_solid

      I have found that 'useless knowledge' is often useless because its
      incorrect.

      Norm Higgs
      http://forbiddenpc.com
      http://forbiddenpc.blogspot.com