Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Off-center Standing Liberty quarter. R...

  • innff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
      To be very honest, it looks like a Chinese forgery.

      BJ

      In a message dated 1/3/2010 9:52:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mdia1@... writes:

      This auction was cancelled so I figure it's okay to talk about it.

      http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& item=13035588503 8

      What's your assessment of its authenticity? I can't tell for sure from the photo. I am uneasy about the pewter-like color. Doesn't look like typical circulated silver, but I realize color is a rather unreliable diagnostic.

    • Rob Risi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
        what makes you think that?....i hear now so many people are thinking that every error is a chinese fake?.....yeah we have to be careful, but not everything is a fake.
        i dont think this looks fake AT ALL.???.need some more opinions as im so curious about this coin...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
          seems like the chinese fakes, are faking the better rare date errors that are obviously not known and they are all gem BU coins....not circulated ones.....i mean some are rare dates that are double struck 50% o/c on lets say a 1909 cent/etc