Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Chinese counterfeit?

  • mdia1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2009
      Note that in both fakes the collar scar is on the reverse face.  Buffalo nickels were minted with the obverse die as the anvil die.  So a genuine example should show the collar scar on the obverse face.
      This one sure looks like a fake....and both are 1924 examples...
      some of the chinese fakes tend to have rare dates which is a sure givaway too.
      if i have doubts on any error coin, i always stay away and/or ask others opinions.
      Rob

      From: Mike Diamond <mdia1@...>
      To: errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 9:28 AM

      The obverse looks a little rough and the unstruck part of the planchet shows no tumbling marks.

      http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& item=26051252615 7