Re: error coin questions

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2009
      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

      > ok so the the 2nd (or 3rd strikes if you will) were done by fake dies?>

      Since I can't see any raised, normally-oriented fake design elements, there's no reason to posit the use of a fake die. The coins were just damaged by some implement.

      <<and thanks for all the info once again.i have like 3 more questions that ill pick your brain a bit later for,but as for the dime.the pics in the listing looked to me like it was just a lamination.i was hoping it was rollled in foreign metal but i was pretty sure it wasnt.so,ethically speaking,it is acceptable to return?>>

      Now that changes things. Since you already knew it was probably a lamination, you really should keep the coin.

      <<and do you think that price is high for a simple lamination,even though it is a superior example condition wise?>>

      Lamination errors seldom if ever command a premium. Since I haven't seen a photo of the coin, I can't comment on its condition or value.

      thanks again,mike e.