Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Trade Bait album re-established

  • oldman travis
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
      Trade Bait album is empty. What is Trade Bait??

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
        I substituted a different coin.

        The Trade Bait album give ECIE members the opportunity to display coins that they no longer have a need for. Members are invited to contact the owner offline to arrange a trade or a sale.

        Since this is not a commercial site, pricing is not permitted.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, oldman travis <oldmantravis@...> wrote:

        > Trade Bait album is empty. What is Trade Bait??

      • chrisptaters
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
          Hey Mike, Is that nickel a flip over brockage?

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
            It's not a flipover brockage. The second strike shows an unexpanded first-strike brockage of the obverse design on the reverse face. After the first strike, the coin somehow ended up partly on top of an already struck nickel that remained behind in the striking chamber. The two coins were struck together.

            The Denver mint produced a spate of these errors on nickels (and to a lesser extent, dimes) between the years 1968 and 1974.

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
              A member has made a suitable offer for the coin and it has been pulled. I'll throw something else in there shortly.