[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: quarter missing clad layer--acid?

  • armstrong_aaron
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
      no worries. I wrote the group because I was unsure myself. But it did look like some of the acid damaged coins that I have mistakenly bought in the past. Such as the famous struck through paper Morgan Dollar (I was stoked to get it)--yep that is $250 I will never get back. The pict of the reverse shows thinning of the lettering.

      http://tinyurl.com/c4hhr

      One thing though, I didn't mean to imply that the seller was honest or dishonest. That was not my motivation; rather, I was just curious about the coin.

      Also, when I am unsure about gender, I use "he" because I thought it was generic and could be used to refer to both sexes. But I have to admit, how can "he" be genderless? I don't know. see, when I don't know, I admit I don't know.