Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Home Made Fake Coin on Coin Error

  • Michael Evanchik
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
      has anyone else ever said anything to these sellers???

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
        I never have, too many fake/altered auctions out there. Also, contacting a buyer (instead of the seller) can get you suspended for "auction interference".

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

        > has anyone else ever said anything to these sellers???

      • Michael Evanchik
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
          ive actually contacted the sellers many times because it makes me so mad.its so unfair that they get to make money doing this.its so unfair to unsuspecting buyers.some sellers have actually thanked me and removed or editted theyre listings or at least posted my response.most just tell you off and get very pissy.i think im gonna say something to this guy.well see what happens.mike e.

          I never have, too many fake/altered auctions out there. Also, contacting a buyer (instead of the seller) can get you suspended for "auction interference" .

          --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

          > has anyone else ever said anything to these sellers???

        • travisbolton543
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
            It's upsetting to me also. I hate to think of collectors who might buy a fake and then later find out it's no good and feel the pain of not having a genuine error, and then perhaps give up on the hobby as a result.

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

            > ive actually contacted the sellers many times because it makes me so mad.its so unfair that they get to make money doing this.its so unfair to unsuspecting buyers.some sellers have actually thanked me and removed or editted theyre listings or at least posted my response.most just tell you off and get very pissy.i think im gonna say something to this guy.well see what happens.mike e.

          • chrisptaters
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
              This fake sold for $32.50
              If the buyer leaves feedback, I'll let him know he just threw away $32.49. That's enough to buy 1 maybe 2 decent Silver Dollars. I always use a different ID when notifying these poor folks.

              --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "travisbolton543" <travisbolton543@...> wrote:

              > It's upsetting to me also. I hate to think of collectors who might buy a fake and then later find out it's no good and feel the pain of not having a genuine error, and then perhaps give up on the hobby as a result.
              >

              > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@> wrote:
              > >
              > > ive actually contacted the sellers many times because it makes me so mad.its so unfair that they get to make money doing this.its so unfair to unsuspecting buyers.some sellers have actually thanked me and removed or editted theyre listings or at least posted my response.most just tell you off and get very pissy.i think im gonna say something to this guy.well see what happens.mike e.

            • jylitalo
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009

                Thirty two and 50/100.......ouch.

                Thirty two and 50/100

              • innff@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
                  Presently, Jeanie and I are doing the Central Florida Coin Club show and attributing variety and error coins verbally for free. Two high profile coins, an 1877 IHP and a MS grade 1909-S Lincoln cent can up at this show as forgeries. Both coins were bought on auction sites and not to mention names but one began with a C and the other an E.

                  Randy Campbell of ICG made this statement " Do not buy any key dated or key variety coins that are not encapsulated by well known grading companies from any on line auction; you are placing yourself in jeopardy of receiving a forgery". Knowing Randy, he is not the one to make such statements without cause. I thought that I would pass this information on just to make you all aware of what is going on with on line auction sites.

                  BJ Neff

                  In a message dated 9/12/2009 6:07:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, travisbolton543@... writes:

                  It's upsetting to me also. I hate to think of collectors who might buy a fake and then later find out it's no good and feel the pain of not having a genuine error, and then perhaps give up on the hobby as a result.

                  --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

                  > ive actually contacted the sellers many times because it makes me so mad.its so unfair that they get to make money doing this.its so unfair to unsuspecting buyers.some sellers have actually thanked me and removed or editted theyre listings or at least posted my response.most just tell you off and get very pissy.i think im gonna say something to this guy.well see what happens.mike e.

                • Michael Evanchik
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
                    youre not talking about reputable sites are you.as i write this im realizing how stupid it sounds.i was going to say i just bought a couple things from heritage.but i think all they have are pcgs,ngc,igc and anacs coins for sale.and mine was.and thats not what youre talkin bout.
                    so nevermind,lol.