cacelled ebay listing

  • ivan0000013
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      hey guys,im mentioning an active ebay liting that is my own.i have legitimate questions about it.i just relisted it with changes.the new item nuber is 260471627508.it was cancelled because in the tittle originally i said it was a counter brockage.i bought it from g j lawson like 10 years ago.i dont know if it was him or not,but somebody told me it was a counterbrockage, similar to that canadian quarter with the kids on it.what do you think? thanks,mike e.
    • dermestid
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        As you say, it's not a counterbrockage. It's a Type II counterclash, a form of die damage. Piece of struck metal was struck by the die and this transferred "IN GO" to the field portion of the die face. Every coin struck after that had the extra letters, at least until they were lost due to die wear. It's one of two Type II counterclash cents known from 1983.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "ivan0000013" <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

        > hey guys,im mentioning an active ebay liting that is my own.i have legitimate questions about it.i just relisted it with changes.the new item nuber is 260471627508.it was cancelled because in the tittle originally i said it was a counter brockage.i bought it from g j lawson like 10 years ago.i dont know if it was him or not,but somebody told me it was a counterbrockage, similar to that canadian quarter with the kids on it.what do you think? thanks,mike e.

      • Michael Evanchik
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
          oh right,counter clash not brockage.i cant believ all the obvious fake crap on ebay that they let get sold,and they picked up on that.unreal.thanks for the info.also i think its your policy on here,you cant list your own active auctions,so now that i have information i was lacking,if you wish to delete it,i will not feel slighted.also also,i believe i paid close to $100 for it.does that seem right or did i get jerked.i dealt with mr lawson quite a bit and he didnt seem the type to gouge.also also also,i wish to ask your permission to copy and paste your response on my ebay listing.if not,i totally understand.thanks once again for the invaluable information,mike e.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
            In my experience, this particular counterclash brings between $35 and $50 on eBay in uncirculated condition. So yes, you overpaid. But then, Mr. Lawson has to make a profit, doesn't he?

            You are free to use my description of the chain of events that led to this error.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
              I might be wrong, but unless a coin is slabbed by one of Ebay's approved grading services, I don't think you're allowed to apply a Sheldon-scale grade to a coin. Instead of calling it "MS-63", or citing a PCI grade to that effect, it's probably safer just to say it's "uncirculated".