Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: traserworld-on ebay

  • Michael Evanchik
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
      can they really be real yet intentional? how can they escape the mints? how would you ever be able to tell real from intentional? and whats the difference really?

      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
        Lots of world mints have rather porous barriers to the production and distribution of intentional errors. Chile, Mexico, Malaysia, Argentina and, at times, Canada and Great Britain have all been prolific sources of intentional errors. Sometimes you can't tell accidental from intentional errors, but in other cases, like double-struck coins with dates years or decades apart, or designs struck on much larger planchets, the likelihood of accident is vanishingly small. In other cases, accidental errors are smuggled out, rather than leaving through normal channels.

        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
          very interesting indeed.but truly,theres always a chance of the outlandish errors happening.if the coin was actually produced in a mint facility,there is no actual way to prove,without a shadow of a doubt,if it was intentional or accidental.is there???

          Lots of world mints have rather porous barriers to the production and distribution of intentional errors. Chile, Mexico, Malaysia, Argentina and, at times, Canada and Great Britain have all been prolific sources of intentional errors. Sometimes you can't tell accidental from intentional errors, but in other cases, like double-struck coins with dates years or decades apart, or designs struck on much larger planchets, the likelihood of accident is vanishingly small. In other cases, accidental errors are smuggled out, rather than leaving through normal channels.

          --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

          > can they really be real yet intentional? how can they escape the mints? how would you ever be able to tell real from intentional? and whats the difference really?

          start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00
        • Michael Evanchik
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009

            ooops,forgot,im gonna try to post em right now.not really a techy kinda guy.wish me luck.

            very interesting indeed.but truly,theres always a chance of the outlandish errors happening.if the coin was actually produced in a mint facility,there is no actual way to prove,without a shadow of a doubt,if it was intentional or accidental.is there???

            Lots of world mints have rather porous barriers to the production and distribution of intentional errors. Chile, Mexico, Malaysia, Argentina and, at times, Canada and Great Britain have all been prolific sources of intentional errors. Sometimes you can't tell accidental from intentional errors, but in other cases, like double-struck coins with dates years or decades apart, or designs struck on much larger planchets, the likelihood of accident is vanishingly small. In other cases, accidental errors are smuggled out, rather than leaving through normal channels.

            --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

            > can they really be real yet intentional? how can they escape the mints? how would you ever be able to tell real from intentional? and whats the difference really?

            start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00

            start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00
          • dermestid
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
              If you're looking for metaphysical certainty, then no. If you want to believe every error in your possession -- regardless of how bizarre it is -- resulted from an accident, then that is certainly your prerogative. But I try to look at the world realistically. So I would never present any of the Malaysian mules I have as anything other than intentional errors. These are the 1 sen obverse / 10 sen reverse on 10 sen planchet, the 1 sen reverse/10 sen obverse on 10 sen planchet, and the 1 sen obverse and 1 sen reverse on 10 sen planchet in 10 sen collar. Likewise, I would never cite as accidental the 1 sen strikes on much larger planchets and coins.

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
                im pickin up what youre puttin down.and im soorry for all the pictures now.i think theres doubles.i dont know what happened.i tried to upload 6 pic and 4 didnt go through.so i tried again.in the mean time i tried the easy uploader and i think theyre going through,but the others are going through now too.i think.anway,check em out and lemme know what you think when you get a moment.thanks again,mike e.

                If you're looking for metaphysical certainty, then no. If you want to believe every error in your possession -- regardless of how bizarre it is -- resulted from an accident, then that is certainly your prerogative. But I try to look at the world realistically. So I would never present any of the Malaysian mules I have as anything other than intentional errors. These are the 1 sen obverse / 10 sen reverse on 10 sen planchet, the 1 sen reverse/10 sen obverse on 10 sen planchet, and the 1 sen obverse and 1 sen reverse on 10 sen planchet in 10 sen collar. Likewise, I would never cite as accidental the 1 sen strikes on much larger planchets and coins.

                --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@ ...> wrote:

                > very interesting indeed.but truly,theres always a chance of the outlandish errors happening.if the coin was actually produced in a mint facility,there is no actual way to prove,without a shadow of a doubt,if it was intentional or accidental.is there???

              • travisbolton543
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
                  From whom do I collect my $10?

                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
                    why? do you think theyre real??? and if so,by real,do you mean real accidental errors,or real intentional errors??

                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
                      Yes, I believe they are real. I feel the double dated coins and the wrong planchet muled coins Mike D. referred to are intentional but they are still nice error coins!

                      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Michael Evanchik <ivan0000013@...> wrote:

                      > why? do you think theyre real??? and if so,by real,do you mean real accidental errors,or real intentional errors??

                    • jylitalo
                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
                        I agree, I own several of these assisted errors and I have those which are not assisted. I posted a few here on ECIE quite some time ago and they are sprinkled about in various albums.

                        One is struck by feeder finger, another is a 50 Sen dated 2005 struck by 50 Sen dies dated 2007, another is a 20 Sen struck on a 50 Sen blank planchet, another is a 10 Sen struck on a 20 Sen blank planchet. Plus an assortment of other nice multiple struck Malaysian errors mules.

                        I think they are great errors, assisted or not.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009

                          2007 over 2005

                          20 over 50

                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
                            I deleted the redundant photos. These are all mint-made, assisted errors, in my opinion.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 30, 2009
                              once again,i cant say it enough.this is the best site,hands down, for errors.thanks for all the invaluable information.i applaud you all.humbly,mike e.