Re: "OUT-ING" LIVE AUCTIONS

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 4, 2009
      As I and several other members have mentioned, there is no prohibition on exposing altered/damaged/counterfeit errors. The reason it's not done all that frequently is because there are so MANY bogus coins on eBay. It would be as effective as picking off a handful of Japanese beetles from an infected cherry tree. I do encourage less knowledgeable members to query me on questionable coins.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <goldpans@...> wrote:

      > Case in point. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220\320390504306 I have one of these acid dipped piece of junk. Wish mine was outed here on ECIE before I got ripped off. Ebay item #320390504306 and it ends in 2 hours.
    • jay21344312
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 5, 2009
        You're right on point Marc. Why can someone simply send a private email to another member/dealer, as I'm sure they won't mind answering any questions or concerns. Once the auction has ended, then post away here on ECIE.

        There is a misdiagnosed error in a slab right now on auction, which I'm sure some of you have noticed . . . but I'll post it here in ECIE AFTER the auction has ended.

        - Jason