Fw: [Error Coin Information Exchange] sand disk silver eagle strike thru-1986

  • Rob Risi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2009

      --- On Sun, 5/31/09, Rob Risi <rjrisi@...> wrote:

      From: Rob Risi <rjrisi@...>
      Subject: [Error Coin Information Exchange] sand disk silver eagle strike thru-1986
      To: errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 3:39 PM

      Hello to everyone.... i would like to know if anyone has any information on the 1986 silver eagle struck thru sanding disk(c) error. i heard there are maybe 8-10 known with 3 known to be a mated pair that was struck on the sand paper only- no silver- not really a coin, but these are well over $3000...the coin im referring to is just the sand disc struck thru 100% on reverse...I seen these in a well known error dealers price list about 2 years ago for $2500 and $2800 in both ms63 and ms68, stating extremeley rare! I think they may have came down in value, but not sure. I obtained an ms67 example today so i would like to know more info on this such error coin, as well as if anyone has or know's of any past articles of this error, to let me know.....perhaps coin world or if it ever was written up in past errorscope issues, or elsehwere, i would like to obtain the write ups on this cool error.
      Rob

    • byersnc
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2009
        Rob- Mint Error News featured a mated pair of the 3M sanding disc and the struck-thru in the magazine and on-line.

        http://minterrornews.com/discoveries-7-20-04-$1_silver_eagle_mated_pair.html

        Mike Byers
        Publisher and Editor
        Mint Error News Magazine
        http://minterrornews.com

> [...]
      • Rob Risi
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2009
          I saw that mated pair mike....However my coin is not the mated pair, just a sand disc strike thru 100% obv.
          Rob