Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] This gamble turned out well

  • jylitalo
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
      Mike D. will have to post some quality pic's to repute your sudden "attempt" and over eagerness to claim it being otherwise.

      How you can claim it to be 'hand-struck' is ridiculous given the quality of the photo's, as he said.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Sisler <altasierradecks@...> wrote:

      > Looks to me to be a cheap attempt at selling a hand-struck cent.  Have seen many on ebay.

    • Patrick Sisler
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
        I guess it is the fact that there are so many trying to make a buck out of nothing, maybe I have become pessamistic in my years of collecting and grading coins.  Just my opinion.  I realize that I do not post as often as I should, however, I watch all of your and Mikes posts and am a member as well of CONECA.  Like I mentioned my friend....just an opinion.

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
          I'll try to find some time to take photos tomorrow. It's quite eye-catching.

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Sisler <altasierradecks@...> wrote:

          > I guess it is the fact that there are so many trying to make a buck out of nothing, maybe I have become pessamistic in my years of collecting and grading coins.  Just my opinion.  I realize that I do not post as often as I should, however, I watch all of your and Mikes posts and am a member as well of CONECA.  Like I mentioned my friend....just an opinion.

        • jeff ylitalo
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
            Nothing wrong with debate, friend.

            We will wait and see what Mike D. has to offer us for proof, then.

            You should post more often, I encourage you to do so.

            Jeff

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
              Mike,
              I would like very much to see those photo's TY!

              Jeff,
              I apologize if I hit a chord, I know that you and Mike and well above my experience in this field of errors, I am, however, not a rookie and learn every single day from the likes of you.  TY

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
                Jeff,
                I will.  I have been so busy with my Construction business and young numismatist time as well as keeping fellow numismatists from buying crap on ebay I run out of time each day.  Yes, Sir, debate is good! TY

                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
                  No offense taken, TY.

                  It is no problem at all.

                  Jeff

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
                    Jeff,
                    TY

                    Did Ken happen to talk to you or Mike about a coin I sent to him, a 1853 Large Cent with what appeared to be a wreath around the rim and inside circumference?  Ken mentioned that it could have been from a bezel like a locket, that was my first impression but was just curious.  A neat looking coin though even though it is anot an error.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
                      TY,

                      I understand the 'frazzle' your in. Time is priceless.

                      It's good to know that 'construction' is busy during these economic times.

                      Always feel free to post about error coins here. Mike D. is the 'champ' of error coins and we all continue to learn thru research, and study of available material that comes our way.

                      Jeff

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
                        Jeff TY

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
                          TY,

                          No, nothing about an 1853 Large Cent you mention has crossed my desk you mention.

                          I have found several dozen over the years the same way unfortunately,....pounded to fit for Jewelry and that is the fact.

                          Jeff

                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 28, 2009
                            Jeff,

                            TY anyway.  LOL it is a neat looker though

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 29, 2009
                              I've placed in the "weak strikes" album photos of the double-struck 1966 cent with the weak second strike. Gaze upon her and admire. :)

                              --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Sisler <altasierradecks@...> wrote:

                              > Jeff,
                            • jylitalo
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 29, 2009
                                Boy, is that a nice one.

                                Good for you, Mike!

                                > I've placed in the "weak strikes" album photos of the double-struck 1966 cent with the weak second strike. Gaze upon her and admire. :)
                                >
                                > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Sisler <altasierradecks@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Jeff,

                              • Patrick Sisler
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 29, 2009