Edge Error Photo Album created

  • portpere
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2009
      Hi all,
      I felt it was time to devote an album to errors on the edges of
      coins. 9 different Presidential Dollars, the new Sacagaweas and the
      2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle all have edge lettering. Missing
      edge lettering, partial edge lettering, double edge lettering and
      weak edge lettering are all recognized errors. They need an album to
      keep them separate from the others.
      I have posted a few pics of the Harrison Philadelphia minted dollar
      with edge lettering that fades from the top to bottom of the design.
      I have found more than 50 of these in a $1,000 bank box. The areas of
      interest are the "NUM" of UNUM and a few of the following stars and
      the "P" in PLURIBUS. NUM and a few stars after fade then disappear
      from top to bottom. The "P" in PLURIBUS is missing it's leg and looks
      like a tiny D. The date although not a strong edge strike, does not
      display any fading. I am interested in everyones thoughts on how this
      could have happened. I have not seen this edge strike fading on any
      of the other Presidential dollars or the new Sacagaweas. Check out
      the pics and let me know what you think.
      Thanks,
      John
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2009
        Good idea. Thanks.