Re: Anvil die misalignment?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
      There are other ways to reach this conclusion. If the coin was
      struck at a time where there was a 100% consistent die setup, and the
      face struck by the anvil die is misaligned, then you can make the
      reasonable assumption that it was the anvil die (or anvil die
      assembly) that was misaligned.

      Another line of evidence would be a broken collar large enough to
      allow the anvil die to move sideways.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, jeff ylitalo
      <jylitalo@...> wrote:

      > Yes, thanks.
      >
      > I don't know how it could ever be determined that the anvil die is
      misaligned if one must always require collar scaring to prove it.

      > There must be another way to determine when an anvil die is
      misaligned without collar scaring, but I can't think of any.

    • jeff ylitalo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2009
        Valuable information, thanks again!

        There are other ways to reach this conclusion. If the coin was
        struck at a time where there was a 100%consistent die setup, and the
        face struck by the anvil die is misaligned, then you can make the
        reasonable assumption that it was the anvil die (or anvil die
        assembly) that was misaligned.

        Another line of evidence would be a broken collar large enough to
        allow the anvil die to move sideways.

        Yahoo! News
        What's the word on
        fashion and style?