Re: Proof half dollar error sells for unexpectedly low price

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 16, 2008
      Putting my 1.2 cents in (was 2 cents in July), I too took a serious
      beating on my 401K, Norm. Many of us second guess the error coin market
      now and are holding on to what we have. It is not a good time to sell
      low - mid-level (under $1000) coins in a market that is cash strapped
      and yielding such low realized prices. Yes, there are some
      opportunistic investors out there, but I think they're looking at the
      upper mid-level and uniquely rare errors. As Mike said and we all can
      see, there has been very little on eBay since about July. I feel that
      folks are holding on to what they have and waiting for an uptick in the
      economy to stimulate a new buying wave in all collectables.

      I see serious trouble ahead if we bail out the auto giants instead of
      letting them go naturally..bankruptcy or merger..and more trouble right
      after Xmas when several major retailers will consolidate or close
      altogether.