Re: Multi-error Eurocent

  • bucky__1
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2008
      <mdia1@...> wrote:

      > Lots going on with this one:
      >
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110283630958
      >
      > 1. retained cud
      > 2. large die cracks
      > 3. vertical misalignment (tilted die error)
      > 5. rotated die error
      > 6. machine doubling

      This was my purchase. Upon receipt I was pleasantly surprised to find
      a coin much brighter than appeared in the photos and a reverse rotated
      about 80 degrees. Although there is weakness by the rim on both sides
      of the coin opposite the retained cud, I have not the expertise to
      determine if this is due to a vertical misalignment.
      D Buckwalter
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2008
        From the photos I would have estimated a rotation of around 45
        degrees. I'm glad it was almost twice as great.

        A vertical misalignment (tilted die error) is indicated by the
        absence of a design rim next to the unstruck area, and finning of the
        design rim at the opposite pole.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "bucky__1"