Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Multi-error Eurocent

  • jeff ylitalo
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2 3:11 PM
      Its a great multi-error for sure.

      --- On Tue, 9/2/08, Mike Diamond <mdia1@...> wrote:
      From: Mike Diamond <mdia1@...>
      Subject: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Multi-error Eurocent
      To: errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 2:37 PM

      Lots going on with this one:

      http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& item=11028363095 8

      1. retained cud
      2. large die cracks
      3. vertical misalignment (tilted die error)
      5. rotated die error
      6. machine doubling

      My bid fell a bit short, but it wasn't a critical acquisition for me.

    • bucky__1
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11 3:08 PM
        <mdia1@...> wrote:

        > Lots going on with this one:
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110283630958
        >
        > 1. retained cud
        > 2. large die cracks
        > 3. vertical misalignment (tilted die error)
        > 5. rotated die error
        > 6. machine doubling

        This was my purchase. Upon receipt I was pleasantly surprised to find
        a coin much brighter than appeared in the photos and a reverse rotated
        about 80 degrees. Although there is weakness by the rim on both sides
        of the coin opposite the retained cud, I have not the expertise to
        determine if this is due to a vertical misalignment.
        D Buckwalter
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12 5:54 AM
          From the photos I would have estimated a rotation of around 45
          degrees. I'm glad it was almost twice as great.

          A vertical misalignment (tilted die error) is indicated by the
          absence of a design rim next to the unstruck area, and finning of the
          design rim at the opposite pole.

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "bucky__1"