Multi-error Eurocent

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
      Lots going on with this one:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110283630958

      1. retained cud
      2. large die cracks
      3. vertical misalignment (tilted die error)
      5. rotated die error
      6. machine doubling

      My bid fell a bit short, but it wasn't a critical acquisition for me.
    • jeff ylitalo

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2008
          <mdia1@...> wrote:

          > Lots going on with this one:
          >
          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110283630958
          >
          > 1. retained cud
          > 2. large die cracks
          > 3. vertical misalignment (tilted die error)
          > 5. rotated die error
          > 6. machine doubling

          This was my purchase. Upon receipt I was pleasantly surprised to find
          a coin much brighter than appeared in the photos and a reverse rotated
          about 80 degrees. Although there is weakness by the rim on both sides
          of the coin opposite the retained cud, I have not the expertise to
          determine if this is due to a vertical misalignment.
          D Buckwalter
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2008
            From the photos I would have estimated a rotation of around 45
            degrees. I'm glad it was almost twice as great.

            A vertical misalignment (tilted die error) is indicated by the
            absence of a design rim next to the unstruck area, and finning of the
            design rim at the opposite pole.

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "bucky__1"