Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Ridiculously high mintmark

  • innff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
      Very neat Mike. Makes you kind of think that the fellow who was punching in the mint marks had a bad night before (LOL).

      In a message dated 8/14/2008 10:24:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Mike, although I don't play with Die Varieties, etc.
      very much at all, I have to say I've never seen that
      75-D "parallel Mintmark" before! Great purchase.... ..

      Fred

      --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, "Mike Diamond"

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
        I'm surprised the die wasn't scrapped immediately after this ham-
        handed effort. I also haven't seen this particular misplaced
        mintmark before, so I suspect the die was pulled early in the press
        run, after someone noticed the mistake.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, innff@... wrote:

        > Very neat Mike. Makes you kind of think that the fellow who was
        punching in
        > the mint marks had a bad night before (LOL).
        >
        > In a message dated 8/14/2008 10:24:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >
        > Mike, although I don't play with Die Varieties, etc.
        > very much at all, I have to say I've never seen that
        > 75-D "parallel Mintmark" before! Great purchase....75
        >
        > Fred
        >
        > --- In _errorcoininformatioerrorcoinierrorcoininferr_
        > (mailto:errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com) , "Mike
        Diamond"