Re: Ridiculously high mintmark

  • fred_weinberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14 7:24 AM
      Mike, although I don't play with Die Varieties, etc.
      very much at all, I have to say I've never seen that
      75-D "parallel Mintmark" before! Great purchase......

      Fred

    • innff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14 7:57 AM
        Very neat Mike. Makes you kind of think that the fellow who was punching in the mint marks had a bad night before (LOL).

        --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, "Mike Diamond"

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14 8:59 AM
          I'm surprised the die wasn't scrapped immediately after this ham-
          handed effort. I also haven't seen this particular misplaced
          mintmark before, so I suspect the die was pulled early in the press
          run, after someone noticed the mistake.

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, innff@... wrote:

          > Very neat Mike. Makes you kind of think that the fellow who was
          punching in
          > the mint marks had a bad night before (LOL).
          >
          > In a message dated 8/14/2008 10:24:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
          >
          > Mike, although I don't play with Die Varieties, etc.
          > very much at all, I have to say I've never seen that
          > 75-D "parallel Mintmark" before! Great purchase....75
          >
          > Fred
          >
          > --- In _errorcoininformatioerrorcoinierrorcoininferr_
          > (mailto:errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com) , "Mike
          Diamond"