Ridiculously high mintmark

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2008
      This is about as far off the mark as I've ever seen in a mintmark:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260271930096

      I'm surprised the variety hounds weren't all over it.
    • fred_weinberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
        Mike, although I don't play with Die Varieties, etc.
        very much at all, I have to say I've never seen that
        75-D "parallel Mintmark" before! Great purchase......

        Fred

      • innff@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
          Very neat Mike. Makes you kind of think that the fellow who was punching in the mint marks had a bad night before (LOL).

          --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, "Mike Diamond"

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
            I'm surprised the die wasn't scrapped immediately after this ham-
            handed effort. I also haven't seen this particular misplaced
            mintmark before, so I suspect the die was pulled early in the press
            run, after someone noticed the mistake.

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, innff@... wrote:

            > Very neat Mike. Makes you kind of think that the fellow who was
            punching in
            > the mint marks had a bad night before (LOL).
            >
            > In a message dated 8/14/2008 10:24:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
            >
            > Mike, although I don't play with Die Varieties, etc.
            > very much at all, I have to say I've never seen that
            > 75-D "parallel Mintmark" before! Great purchase....75
            >
            > Fred
            >
            > --- In _errorcoininformatioerrorcoinierrorcoininferr_
            > (mailto:errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com) , "Mike
            Diamond"