Re: Low pressure strike so called dollar

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
      It's not a low-pressure strike. If that was the cause, then the
      lettering on the reverse opposite the woman's head would be weak or
      absent. The coin looks worn or mechanically altered.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Clements"
      <smodie@...> wrote:

      > Hello Mike and group ,
      > Its been a while. I posted a couple photos
      of a
      > SCD that was part of a grab bag on an ebay auction.It is completely
      > flat, no raised areas.
      >
      > Can you tell from the photos if it looks to be a
      low
      > pressure , die trial , etc.?
      >
      > It is about 1 gram or 7 to 8 % lighter then it
      should
      > weigh. It also looks brassier then another I own.
      >
      > Thoughts , Mike C.

    • Mike Clements
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
        Thank you Mike