Low pressure strike so called dollar

  • Mike Clements
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2008
      Hello Mike and group ,
      Its been a while. I posted a couple photos of a
      SCD that was part of a grab bag on an ebay auction.It is completely
      flat, no raised areas.

      Can you tell from the photos if it looks to be a low
      pressure , die trial , etc.?

      It is about 1 gram or 7 to 8 % lighter then it should
      weigh. It also looks brassier then another I own.

      Thoughts , Mike C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
        It's not a low-pressure strike. If that was the cause, then the
        lettering on the reverse opposite the woman's head would be weak or
        absent. The coin looks worn or mechanically altered.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Clements"
        <smodie@...> wrote:

        > Hello Mike and group ,
        > Its been a while. I posted a couple photos
        of a
        > SCD that was part of a grab bag on an ebay auction.It is completely
        > flat, no raised areas.
        >
        > Can you tell from the photos if it looks to be a
        low
        > pressure , die trial , etc.?
        >
        > It is about 1 gram or 7 to 8 % lighter then it
        should
        > weigh. It also looks brassier then another I own.
        >
        > Thoughts , Mike C.

      • Mike Clements
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
          Thank you Mike