Found in a roil of Lincolns

  • Augustus Ceasar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2008
      Greetings

      This particular error has a 2005 date......was found in a roll
      customer mentioned

      pics can been seen at the links below...we would like to know the
      proper error this is ...i.e. what happened to it?...and what is the
      approx value....I'm sure an auction can tell us that but if I wanted
      to purchase from said customer who like to offer a fair price

      www.falconecoins.com/mike1

      www.falconecoins.com/mike2

      Vince
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2008
        Your links don't work.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Augustus

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2008
          I managed to get to the photos by a roundabout route. The images are
          poor, but what I see is unfamiliar. I suspect that this was created
          outside the Mint. If you could provide better photos, I might be
          able to draw a more definitive conclusion.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2008
            To me it looks like a fake brockage on the reverse face of what was
            originally an unstruck planchet, with a chunk of a chewed-up coin
            glued to the obverse face. Again, without better photos, my
            diagnostic abilities are hampered.

            <mdia1@...> wrote:

            > I managed to get to the photos by a roundabout route. The images
            are
            > poor, but what I see is unfamiliar. I suspect that this was
            created
            > outside the Mint. If you could provide better photos, I might be
            > able to draw a more definitive conclusion.
            >
            > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Augustus
            > Ceasar" <vfalcone_1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings
            > >
            > > This particular error has a 2005 date......was found in a roll
            > > customer mentioned
            > >
            > > pics can been seen at the links below...we would like to know the
            > > proper error this is ...i.e. what happened to it?...and what is
            the
            > > approx value....I'm sure an auction can tell us that but if I
            wanted
            > > to purchase from said customer who like to offer a fair price
            > >
            > > www.falconecoins.com/mike1
            > >
            > > www.falconecoins.com/mike2
            > >
            > > Vince

          • Norm Higgs