Dime stock quarter in mint set?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2008
      Looks like it to me:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370067961314

      1970-D is the most common date for dime stock quarters. I've never
      seen one in a mint set before, but it stands to reason that such an
      event could occur. Of course, it could also be a weak strike on a
      normal-thickness planchet.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2008
        My hunch was correct. The coin PLUS the plastic compartment weighs
        only 4.4 grams.