vertical die misalignments -- references sought

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2002
      In researching my upcoming article, it appears that little mention
      has been made in the literature concerning vertical die misalignments
      (tilted die errors). It isn't mentioned at all in The Error Coin
      Encyclopedia, 3rd edition (Margolis and Weinberg, 2000). This error
      is briefly mentioned (but not illustrated) in the Offical Price Guide
      to Mint Errors (Herbert, 2002) and Modern Mint Mistakes, 5th edition
      (Steiner and Zimpfer, 1975). There is no mention in the entire run
      of Error-Variety News, and no mention in Errorscope back through
      1976. I don't know about Error Trends Coin Magazine, as I haven't
      been able to scan most of the back issues before 1998.

      If anybody knows of any previous treatments, please let me know. I
      like to be thorough in pursuing my research.