DIE CRACK ?

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      I have a 40-S cent GEM with what appears to be a die crack or cud or
      even folded over struck in partial layer. There is a prominent die
      crack at K4 (hard to see) going to and up through the wheat stalk. The
      area at K10 appears to not be struck in..too weak details in the wheat
      stalk lines for that. Is it a cud or pre-cud?

      http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=015edited1qv4.jpg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
        It looks like a typical retained cud for a wheatback cent. This is the
        area where they almost always appear.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"