Re: Help with an indent

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2002
      The metal is not so thinned.
      The obverse has the legend 'in god we trust', the reverse is empty
      in the opposite face, it can't be a legend form the reverse.
      Is it a fake??

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@y..., "Mike Diamond" <mdia1@a...>

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2002
        You misunderstood what I said. I indicated that the metal of the
        overlying planchet was thinned by the strike. The overlying planchet
        produced the indent. I was not referring to the thickness of your
        coin.

        Also, to repeat what I said earlier, the motto IN GOD WE TRUST bled
        through the thinned metal of the overlying planchet from the OBVERSE
        die. The reverse face is struck by the reverse die (obviously),
        which does not carry the motto IN GOD WE TRUST.

        The coin is genuine.