Clad Layer - Basic Question

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2002
      Hi,
      The actual Jefferson nickel is a 75% copper and 25% nickel.
      What is the clad layer the nickel first layer???
      Why is more brilliant this layer???
      Regards
      Benjamin
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2002
        Well, I supose that the planchet is polished so taht's why is moro
        brilliant.
        But the clad layer it's very thin, no??

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
          The outer clad layer of a dime, quarter, and half dollar is also
          composed of 75% copper and 25% nickel. I haven't noticed that it's
          any more brilliant than the surface of an uncirculated Jefferson
          nickel.

          --Mike Diamond