Straight Clip

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
      I think this one is a very scarce one at Ebay:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1387146640&rd=1

      I can see the flow of the desings in the straight edge of the obverse
      but no metal flows on the edge of the reverse.
      Is any explanation for this???
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2002
        Straight clips are not particularly rare. I'm actually not sure
        whether this is an unusually linear ragged clip, or an unusually
        sinuous straight clip. I'd have to see the surface texture of the
        exposed edge. A ragged clip would have a grainy texture. A straight
        clip would have any of a variety of textures, but it wouldn't be
        grainy.

        Anyway, as to your question, the extent of metal flow in the design
        elements bordering a clip can be quite variable. I suspect that
        there is subtle metal flow in the letters on the reverse that is not
        visible in the scan.