ram error

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
      Hi,

      what is a ram error???

      Thanks!!!!!!!!
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2002
        The proper term is "ram strike".

        It is a variation of an off-center strike in which a misfed coin
        is "rammed" all the way into a collar that is frozen in the "up"
        position. It is therefore a coin that is both off-center and in-
        collar. To be a fully fledged ram strike, the coin has to show full
        contact with the working face of the collar at two points along the
        edge.

        Ram strikes are characterized by a rounded shoulder on the face
        struck by the anvil (bottom) die, and a raised flange on the opposite
        face. There are a total of nine diagnostics for this error. Details
        can be found in several articles I wrote some time back in
        Errorscope. If you're interested, I can give you the exact