Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] (2) 2008 Monroe Dollar Blank Planchets with edge lettering are discovered!

  • Susan Headley
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 7:05 PM
      Mike,

      LOL, Garrett Reich seems to have hit us all with his photos and story.  Ken Potter and I are both working on stories about this incredible coin.  Mine was just published a few minutes ago (although it's not out of server replication yet) and it will run in my weekly newsletter tomorrow morning.  Potter's will be in NN, I guess.  I was told by the Reichs that their coin was found first, on Feb. 13, the day before the Monroes officially went on sale at banks, and it's certainly the one to be certified first, so my article varies from yours in that one little detail about which coin was found first.

      Reich says his coin is for sale.  I wonder what it will go for?  =)  I gave his wife Erika the advice that if they didn't need the money right away, they sell it on consignment, rather than as a straight sale to a dealer.  This will be fun to watch!  =)

      Susan

      Susan Headley
      About.com Guide to Coins
      www.About.com
      http://coins.about.com
      Become an About.com Guide:  http://beaguide.about.com
      About.com is part of the New York Times Company