Re: California Quarter ...what happened?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2008
      It's been defaced. The reverse was ground/buffed/polished away. The
      exposure of the copper core along the perimeter, and the abnormally low
      weight, provide confirmation of this.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Augustus Ceasar"
      <vfalcone_1@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone
      >
      > A customer found this in his change and brought it in....looks like it
      > was barely struck on the reverse.....die trial?...very weak stike on
      > one side.....
      >
      > Also there is no reeded edge and the weight is 5.4g...if he wants to
      > sell it I'm trying to give him a value....$25-50? ...any insight is
      > appreciated
      >
      > VF
      >
      > coin can be seen at:
      >
      > www.falconecoins.com/california

    • jylitalo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2008
        Post some pic's if possible, including an edge shot of the coin.

        For the benefit of all.