BIG EBAY PRICE/POLICY CHANGES

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2008
      Ebay (as of 2/20) has raised their Final Value Fee fron 5.25% to 8.75%
      for the first $25, then to 3.5% over that. A big jump!

      Even worse, see these feedback policy changes...not good...

      >Feedback Changes
      >Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and
      >showcase good sellers.
      >Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
      >Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12
      >months old won't.
      >Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for
      >transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI)
      >or if the member is suspended.

      Why, as a seller, can't I leave neg. feedback to a late/bitchy buyer if
      it be warranted? Is this meant to prevent retaliatory neg. feedback?

      Why remove old negative feedback after a year if the person deserved
      it? I don't like these changes.
    • rccoins
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2008
        Marc
        It appears that you are just another agitator and not working for the good
        of Ebay.
        Where is the feed back link for Error coin information exchange. I want to
        give Mark an A+ Positive.
        Robert W.
        Robert's Coins & Collectables
        Ebay (as of 2/20) has raised their Final Value Fee fron 5.25% to 8.75%
        for the first $25, then to 3.5% over that. A big jump!

        Even worse, see these feedback policy changes...not good...

        >Feedback Changes
        >Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and
        >showcase good sellers.
        >Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
        >Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12
        >months old won't.
        >Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for
        >transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI)
        >or if the member is suspended.

        Why, as a seller, can't I leave neg. feedback to a late/bitchy buyer if
        it be warranted? Is this meant to prevent retaliatory neg. feedback?

        Why remove old negative feedback after a year if the person deserved
        it? I don't like these changes.

        10:20 PM
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2008
          I don't like the changes, either. I guess you can do that when
          you're the only game in town. Maybe people will protest by
          abandoning PayPal for their transactions. I'll certainly consider
          that step.

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"
          <numismistake@...> wrote:

          > Ebay (as of 2/20) has raised their Final Value Fee fron 5.25% to
          8.75%
          > for the first $25, then to 3.5% over that. A big jump!
          >
          > Even worse, see these feedback policy changes...not good...
          >
          > >Feedback Changes
          > >Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and
          > >showcase good sellers.
          > >Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
          > >Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more
          than 12
          > >months old won't.
          > >Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed
          for
          > >transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item
          (UPI)
          > >or if the member is suspended.
          >
          > Why, as a seller, can't I leave neg. feedback to a late/bitchy
          buyer if
          > it be warranted? Is this meant to prevent retaliatory neg.
          feedback?

          > Why remove old negative feedback after a year if the person
          deserved
          > it? I don't like these changes.

        • BJ Neff
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2008
            What really irks me is their statement "we listened to you". Like
            what dumb seller would actually want the rates increased, please,
            give me a break.

            Of course, I'll still sift through the error coin catagory. It is
            like reading the funny pages, your bound to get a lauhg or two.

            BJ

            <mdia1@...> wrote:

            > I don't like the changes, either. I guess you can do that when
            > you're the only game in town. Maybe people will protest by
            > abandoning PayPal for their transactions. I'll certainly consider
            > that step.
            >
            > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"
            > <numismistake@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Ebay (as of 2/20) has raised their Final Value Fee fron 5.25% to
            > 8.75%
            > > for the first $25, then to 3.5% over that. A big jump!
            > >
            > > Even worse, see these feedback policy changes...not good...
            > >
            > > >Feedback Changes
            > > >Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence
            and
            > > >showcase good sellers.
            > > >Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
            > > >Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more
            > than 12
            > > >months old won't.
            > > >Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed
            > for
            > > >transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item
            > (UPI)
            > > >or if the member is suspended.
            > >
            > > Why, as a seller, can't I leave neg. feedback to a late/bitchy
            > buyer if
            > > it be warranted? Is this meant to prevent retaliatory neg.
            > feedback?
            > >
            > > Why remove old negative feedback after a year if the person
            > deserved
            > > it? I don't like these changes.

          • Jon Sullivan
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2008
              Higher fees are the last thing I want to see! I don't think it will be enough to drive away many sellers, but it certainly will be one more reason to not list items where there isn't a fairly significant profit margin, which will in turn mean that eBay wont make as much money because sellers will be more careful about what they list.

              I'm not sure if the feedback changes will be good or bad. It is true that a seller cannot retaliate with these changes, which is bad in some ways, but on the other hand, I dont think the current feedback system means much because buyers ARE afraid to leave bad or neutral feedback, so the "100%" positive, perfect feedback scores aren't accurate. If all the sellers start getting a lot more negatives and neutrals it wont be a bad thing necessarily, because the playing field will be even, and so there might not be such as things as "100%" positive for anyone, and the new "good feedback" might be someone with 85% or higher. Some changes are warranted, I think, but if these are the right ones or not I'm not sure.

              Jon

              Sullivan Numismatics
              Your Source for Quality Errors & Varieties

              On Jan 30, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Marc wrote:

              Ebay (as of 2/20) has raised their Final Value Fee fron 5.25% to 8.75%
              for the first $25, then to 3.5% over that. A big jump!

              Even worse, see these feedback policy changes...not good...

              >Feedback Changes
              >Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and
              >showcase good sellers.
              >Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
              >Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12
              >months old won't.
              >Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for
              >transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI)
              >or if the member is suspended.

              Why, as a seller, can't I leave neg. feedback to a late/bitchy buyer if
              it be warranted? Is this meant to prevent retaliatory neg. feedback?

              Why remove old negative feedback after a year if the person deserved
              it? I don't like these changes.

            • Travis Bolton
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
                This irks me as well. Supposedly the fees have been lowered but they
                are actually higher overall! Corporate spin-doctors at work. As of
                Feb. 20th when these new fees take effect I will probably not be
                listing errors for sale anymore.

                --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "BJ Neff"
                <innff@...> wrote:

                > What really irks me is their statement "we listened to you". Like
                > what dumb seller would actually want the rates increased, please,
                > give me a break.
                >
                > Of course, I'll still sift through the error coin catagory. It is
                > like reading the funny pages, your bound to get a lauhg or two.
                >
                > BJ

                > <mdia1@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I don't like the changes, either. I guess you can do that when
                > > you're the only game in town. Maybe people will protest by
                > > abandoning PayPal for their transactions. I'll certainly
                consider
                > > that step.
                > >
                > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"
                > > <numismistake@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Ebay (as of 2/20) has raised their Final Value Fee fron 5.25%
                > > 8.75%
                > > > for the first $25, then to 3.5% over that. A big jump!
                > > >
                > > > Even worse, see these feedback policy changes...not good...

                > and
                > > than 12
                > > for
                Item
                > > (UPI)
                > > >
                > > > Why, as a seller, can't I leave neg. feedback to a late/bitchy
                > > buyer if
                > > > it be warranted? Is this meant to prevent retaliatory neg.
                > > feedback?
                > > >
                > > > Why remove old negative feedback after a year if the person
                > > deserved
                > > > it? I don't like these changes.

              • Marc
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
                  Travis, I'll just have to pass it on to the buyer thru higher S&H fees.
                  I've been called an agitator. I'm just as agitated about this as
                  everyone else...
                • Travis Bolton
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
                    It is really irritating....but maybe I am overreacting a bit. I think
                    more folks will be listing at a fixed-price or higher starting bid
                    rather than no reserve auctions.