Re: MATED PAIRS

  • portpere
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2007
      Eureka! Each coin is nice on it's own anyway. The seller never sold
      them as mated, I just thought I saw a mated pair from the 2 listings
      that were 5 minutes apart. I even printed the pics from his listings
      and fit them together before I bid. That's why I bounce these things
      off of you. Now I have examples in hand and know what to look for in
      a genuine mated pair. Thanks again Mike.
      John
      <mdia1@...> wrote:

      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, portpere
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      >
      > > So to be a genuine mated pair the coins not only should fit
      > together
      > > like puzzle pieces. There must be a continuity of design with no
      > > gaps.
      >
      > Yes.
      >

      > > So, I would assume that these two coins may have been part of a
      > > larger malfunction that could include a good number of coins.
      Also,