All comments will be highly appreciated!

  • Frank Vedel
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 29, 2007
      Welcome to my Error Coin Classroom 919,

      919 high quality error coin scans (600 dpi). Everything is presented
      according to the P-D-S system. More than 79 % of the photos and scans
      are from my collections of Danish, US, World and ancient error coins,
      which I have collected since 1972.

      Many pictures from my visits at the Royal Danish Mint, waffled
      (error) coins and planchets, bi-metallic errors, commemorative issue
      errors, cancelled coin dies, recommended error coin literature, tools
      of the trade, error tokens and twin/triple errors and much, much more
      have been uploaded.

      You will find it all here:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/adanisherrorcollector/sets/

      Here is a complete list of the 919 pictures:

      Intro and coin production:

      1: Totaloversigt over mine mønter i denne oversigt,
      2: Jeg præsenterer min planche med mine mønter i denne
      samling (pr. 4. april 2007),
      3: Coin production album outline,
      4: Coin production album outline - my coins and photos,
      5: Welcome,
      6-7: A first and a second glimpse,
      8: I am showing my mated pair of Lincoln cents,
      9-66: pictures from Philidelphia Mint (Rich Schemmer) and
      the Royal Danish Mint (Frank Vedel), blanks,
      planchets and planchet strips, coin dies.

      Planchet errors:

      67: Planchet error album outline,
      68: Planchet error album outline - my coins and photos,
      69-274: clips,
      center hole variations,
      off metals,
      trapped gas,
      laminations,
      split coins,
      clad layers and missing clad layers.

      Die errors:

      275: Die error album outline,
      276: Die error album outline - my coins and photos,
      277-339: varieties,
      cuds,
      clashed dies,
      worn dies,
      die cracks.

      Striking errors:

      340: Striking error album 1 outline,
      341: Striking error album 1 outline - my coins and photos,
      342-755: off center strikes,
      broadstrikes,
      partial collars,
      ram strikes,
      chain strikes,
      misaligned die strike,
      indented coins,
      mushroom strikes,
      brockages,
      Striking error album 2 outline,
      Striking error album 2 outline - my coins and photos,
      double strikes,
      saddle strikes,
      overstrike,
      double denominations,
      mated pairs,
      bonded coins,
      coin caps,
      saucer strikes,
      rolling folds,
      rotated dies,
      indents,
      weak strikes.

      Miscellaneous:

      756: Twin error … album outline,
      757: Twin error … album outline - my coins and photos,
      758-775: Identical twin/triplet errors,
      776-783: Bi-metal errors,
      784-786: Personal silver and brass advertisement spinners,
      787: Personal advertisement spinner – off center strike,
      788: Mr. Bent Jensen who designed the spinner,
      789-791: Some of my business cards and two of my business card
      T-shirts,
      792: I study my article in MØNTSAMLEREN, vol 22, issue 1,
      793: I work at some picture files of my baseball cap
      struck Danish 25 øre 1924,
      794: Mr. Bent Jensen, the medallist, studies my article in
      MØNTSAMLEREN magazine,
      795: Mr Niels Nielsen and Mr. Bent Petersen discuss my
      error coin 2005 calendar,
      796-823: Recommended literature,
      824-827: Fejlmøntrelaterede avisudklip,
      828: Liste over Møntklubben Polettens klubmestre 1979-2007,
      829-832: Group pictures of Danish, rotated 10 kroner 2004,
      Mexican and US from my collection,
      833-854: US and Danish token errors,
      855-858: Instruktionsmateriale vedrørende klippede mønter,
      tallerkenpræg og drejede mønter,
      859-889: Waffled coins and planchets - not error coins but
      very interesting,
      890: Shredded Danish 500 kroner bills,
      891: Shredded German DM banknotes,
      892: Another collage,
      893-894: Commemorative 20 kroner and 200 kroner 1992!
      895-896: Club logos,
      897-900: CONECA membership card, welcome letter, buttons and
      medal,
      901: Martin Duvå Hall fra Monkey business og mig. P3
      radiointerview d. 1/3-05,
      902-915: Laminated presantation material,
      916: Frank's error coin cartoon,
      917: False teeth clip – cartoon,
      918: Money talks,
      919: Error World guardian GIF - only in the computer
      version.

      Have fun,

      Frank

      PS! Improvements and additions are made on a daily basis!
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 29, 2007
        Fantastic!!

        Thanks Frank,

        Jeff

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Vedel"

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 29, 2007
          A very useful site indeed. I've added it to our Links section.

          <frank.vedel@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > 859-889: Waffled coins and planchets - not error coins but
          > very interesting,
          > 890: Shredded Danish 500 kroner bills,
          > 891: Shredded German DM banknotes,
          > 892: Another collage,
          > 893-894: Commemorative 20 kroner and 200 kroner 1992!
          > 895-896: Club logos,
          > 897-900: CONECA membership card, welcome letter, buttons and
          > medal,
          > 901: Martin Duvå Hall fra Monkey business og mig. P3
          > radiointerview d. 1/3-05,
          > 902-915: Laminated presantation material,
          > 916: Frank's error coin cartoon,
          > 917: False teeth clip – cartoon,
          > 918: Money talks,
          > 919: Error World guardian GIF - only in the computer
          > version.
          >
          > Have fun,
          >
          > Frank
          >
          > PS! Improvements and additions are made on a daily basis!

        • Al C.
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 29, 2007
            Nice!

            This project must have taken years.:)

> [...]

            > 890: Shredded Danish 500 kroner bills,
            > 891: Shredded German DM banknotes,
            > 892: Another collage,
            > 893-894: Commemorative 20 kroner and 200 kroner
            > 1992!
            > 895-896: Club logos,
            > 897-900: CONECA membership card, welcome letter,
            > buttons and
            > medal,
            > 901: Martin Duvå Hall fra Monkey business og
            > mig. P3
            > radiointerview d. 1/3-05,
            > 902-915: Laminated presantation material,
            > 916: Frank's error coin cartoon,
            > 917: False teeth clip – cartoon,
            > 918: Money talks,
            > 919: Error World guardian GIF - only in the
            > computer
            > version.
            >
            > Have fun,
            >
            > Frank
            >
            > PS! Improvements and additions are made on a daily

            http://farechase.yahoo.com/
          • portpere
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2007
              Thank you for sharing your excellent collection of photos. One can
              never have enough reference material.
              John

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2007
                I have received one complaint so far that some of your images were
                copied and uploaded without permission. I notice some of my photos
                in there. For example:

                http://www.flickr.com/photos/adanisherrorcollector/788179287/in/set-
                72157600779218500/

                I certainly never gave my permission for them to be reproduced.
                However, I believe in the free flow of information, so I'll let it
                stand. Others may not be as understanding as me. If the owners of
                some of your images request that you take them down, please do so.

                <frank.vedel@...> wrote:

                > Welcome to my Error Coin Classroom 919,
                >
                > 919 high quality error coin scans (600 dpi). Everything is presented
                > according to the P-D-S system. More than 79 % of the photos and
                scans
                > are from my collections of Danish, US, World and ancient error
                coins,
                > which I have collected since 1972.
                >
                > Many pictures from my visits at the Royal Danish Mint, waffled
                > (error) coins and planchets, bi-metallic errors, commemorative issue
                > errors, cancelled coin dies, recommended error coin literature,
                tools
                > of the trade, error tokens and twin/triple errors and much, much
                more
                > have been uploaded.
                >
                > You will find it all here:
                >
                > http://www.flickr.com/photos/adanisherrorcollector/sets/
                >
                > Here is a complete list of the 919 pictures:
              • jylitalo
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2007
                  Frank,

                  It would also be wise to give credit for the photo's, or pic's that
                  you have posted if they are not your own, otherwise there may be
                  aggressive and combative fallout headed your way, and you don't need
                  that.

                  You have worked too hard and been committed for too long to let that
                  happen.

                  Flickr provides you the space to give the credit, in the narrative for
                  the pic itself (description and captions).

                  Again, thanks for sharing the efforts of your sweat and good intentions.

                  Jeff

                  <mdia1@...> wrote:

                  > I have received one complaint so far that some of your images were
                  > copied and uploaded without permission. I notice some of my photos
                  > in there. For example:
                  >
                  > http://www.flickr.com/photos/adanisherrorcollector/788179287/in/set-
                  > 72157600779218500/
                  >
                  > I certainly never gave my permission for them to be reproduced.
                  > However, I believe in the free flow of information, so I'll let it
                  > stand. Others may not be as understanding as me. If the owners of
                  > some of your images request that you take them down, please do so.
                  >
                  > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Vedel"
                  > <frank.vedel@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Welcome to my Error Coin Classroom 919,

                  > > You will find it all here:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/adanisherrorcollector/sets/
                  > >
                  > > Here is a complete list of the 919 pictures:

                • Marc
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2007
                    I will expose myself for the sake of this group aqnd its safety.

                    Mike wrote:
                    >>I have received one complaint so far that some of your images were
                    >>copied and uploaded without permission.

                    I am the person that complained to Mike. Here is why. I went to this
                    new yahoo site and signed in. I saw the large library of coins
                    represented. When I clicked on the 'YOU' link at the top of the home
                    page, I saw 2 error coins of mine maybe from a previous April 2005
                    ECIE posting I made (photos since removed), and a third photo
                    unrelated to this group or anything else. On May 6, 2005 I took 37
                    photos of my back yard (no coins) on a 32 meg card and loaded then
                    into my computer. These were all backyard garden photos, plus
                    brickwork I needed done. None of those photos, as I recall, have ever
                    been published or emailed. But now one is in my "YOU" profile on this
                    new site. Here it is:

                    http://tinyurl.com/2ju842

                    Although not embarassing, how did this photo, not linked to any coin
                    photos, get onto his site? And, did anyone else get personal photos
                    somehow copied and put on the site or elsewhere? And, what other
                    photos and from whose computer were looked at and copied?

                    Has anyone ever seen this photo before? I don't think so.

                    Was my computer hacked into? I emailed Frank and asked him how he
                    obtained the photo.
                    I am awaiting a response.

                    I would have been more than willing to share my coin photos with
                    anyone who asked me, and I would have only requested attribution. But
                    now I feel as if my pocket has been picked. If I am wrong, I will
                    apologise to this group and explain, but this is condemning evidence.

                    Upon receiving an answer from Frank, I will share it with this group.

                    I suggest others in the group look at his site, sign in, click
                    on 'YOU' at the top, and see what comes up. ..... Marc
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2007
                      A disturbing tale indeed. I hope you get some satisfactory answers.

                      I cannot find the "YOU" button, except for a tiny one at the bottom
                      that just leads me to a sign-up page.

                      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"
                      <numismistake@...> wrote:

                      > I will expose myself for the sake of this group aqnd its safety.
                      >
                      > Mike wrote:
                      > >>I have received one complaint so far that some of your images were
                      > >>copied and uploaded without permission.
                      >
                      > I am the person that complained to Mike. Here is why. I went to
                      this
                      > new yahoo site and signed in. I saw the large library of coins
                      > represented. When I clicked on the 'YOU' link at the top of the
                      home
                      > page, I saw 2 error coins of mine maybe from a previous April 2005
                      > ECIE posting I made (photos since removed), and a third photo
                      > unrelated to this group or anything else. On May 6, 2005 I took 37
                      > photos of my back yard (no coins) on a 32 meg card and loaded then
                      > into my computer. These were all backyard garden photos, plus
                      > brickwork I needed done. None of those photos, as I recall, have
                      ever
                      > been published or emailed. But now one is in my "YOU" profile on
                      this
                      > new site. Here it is:
                      >
                      > http://tinyurl.com/2ju842
                      >
                      > Although not embarassing, how did this photo, not linked to any
                      coin
                      > photos, get onto his site? And, did anyone else get personal photos
                      > somehow copied and put on the site or elsewhere? And, what other
                      > photos and from whose computer were looked at and copied?
                      >
                      > Has anyone ever seen this photo before? I don't think so.
                      >
                      > Was my computer hacked into? I emailed Frank and asked him how he
                      > obtained the photo.
                      > I am awaiting a response.
                      >
                      > I would have been more than willing to share my coin photos with
                      > anyone who asked me, and I would have only requested attribution.
                      But
                      > now I feel as if my pocket has been picked. If I am wrong, I will
                      > apologise to this group and explain, but this is condemning
                      evidence.

                      > Upon receiving an answer from Frank, I will share it with this
                      group.

                      > I suggest others in the group look at his site, sign in, click
                      > on 'YOU' at the top, and see what comes up. ..... Marc

                    • Error Coins
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 1, 2007

                        I don’t see a “You” link. I would assume this is because I don’t have and never had a Flickr a/c.

                        I would assume this is to access a members files based on the sign in, but don’t know.

                        Later.....
                        Steve

                        PS If anyone needs images of mine – please feel free to use as you please. Attribution not necessary.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
                          I believe what Steve is saying is that the "You" link always directs
                          you to YOUR Flikr account and that somehow you posted some of your
                          photos there and forgot about it.

                          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Error Coins"
                          <errorcoins@...> wrote:

                          > I don't see a "You" link. I would assume this is because I don't have
                          and
                          > never had a Flickr a/c.
                          >
                          > I would assume this is to access a members files based on the sign
                          in, but
                          > don't know.
                          >
                          > Later.....
                          > Steve
                        • Frank Vedel
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 8, 2007
                            Thanks a lot for all your comments and suggestions!

                            I have changed my Error Coin Classroom, so all the pictures are scans
                            from my collections and/or my photos from theRoyal Danish Mint.

                            At the time there are 741 pictures to syudy.

                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/adanisherrorcollector/sets/

                            Please drop by every now and then,

                            Frank
                          • Frank Vedel
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 23, 2008
                              Hi everybody,

                              I have totally revised my error coin photo albums.

                              All 994 pictures are from my collections of Danish, US, world and
                              ancient errors. They are waiting for your visit. You'll also get access
                              to some my pictures from the Royal Danish Mint.

                              I have placed the photos in 7 albums:

                              1: Presentation (4 photos)
                              2: Blanks, planchets, and coin production (71 photos)
                              3: Planchet errors (251 photos)
                              4: Die errors (54 photos)
                              5: Striking errors - part 1 (296 photos)
                              6: Striking errors - part 2 (98 photos)
                              7: Twin errors, token errors, literature, tools etc. (220 photos)

                              You'll find it all here:

                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/adanisherrorcollector/sets/

                              Improvements and additions are made on a daily basis.

                              Have fun,

                              Frank Vedel aka adanisherrorcollector.

                              PS! All comments will be highly appreciated!